Wednesday 7 November 2012

Village Walk

 Obelisk on the commons 
 Looking over to RHS Rosemoor
Looking down the valley into Tadiport 
I think a puff ball mushroom

Been some time since I did a posting & have done two this afternoon. So what have I been up to taken down four trees the three at the bottom of the meadow close to common land were saplings which had got out of hand & causing me to worry that the pressure being put onto a old tree with a bowing branch which could cause it to snap & if that did break, down it could come onto some one walking on the footpath. So the electric chain saw came out & job was done with a big saving on cost & I have the logs for the open fire.  The other one was a specimen fir tee which was close to the house & the neighbours moaned about it taking out their light & it was also taking ours out as well! now it is down I will be able to fit my HF vertical aerial in the space (Radio Ham talk) anyway after doing all the physical work been suffering again with acid reflux & got told off by my doctor & was told to rest until the end of the year she said I thought you took early retirement!
After the joy of having new baby fish in the pond came a disaster. Ros was concerned the baby fish where unable to feed from the adult floating food so was asked to grind up the adult food in the pestal & mortar which I did every day sadly we poisoned the small fish with kindness! after a water test we found out to much ammonia in water! so home we came & I took out 30 buckets of water & put in fresh rain water & a good clean around still lost about 20 small fish but still loads left!
Then another problem arose! I replaced the last cast-iron down-spout outside & found it to be broken! the rain had been soaking into the wall indoors so the newly decorated wall & old Victorian prints & picture  soaked up the water & ruined them with mould! thankfully I was able to scan in the in-laws photo & re-touch it up in one of my photo programs then re-printed onto photographic paper & that is now at the picture framers been re-done. Had the dehumidifier on for the last two weeks today finished off the fine filler & will paint on the damp proof paint tomorrow & hopefully put up the lining paper on Friday then repaint the wall next week.
Raised veg beds have been dug over & the over wintering Japanese onions are planted also planted Chinese Salad Tatsoi Tahtsai an unusual vegetable which is perfect for Autumn planting & incredibly cold hardy they can be used for salads, soups or oriental stir-fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment