Tuesday 11 March 2014

Amateur Radio Posting

 My Pride and Joy
 Thanks to this Radio Ham
 60ft Versatower with Jaybeam TB3
30ft Tennamast with 6 band Hexbeam

When I lived in Worcester I Worked All States (WAS) but sadly two Nebraska stations did not send qsl card so I was unable to apply for the award.

2013 and 18 years later I erected a 30ft Tennamast with 6 band Hexbeam, it is so good hearing DX again, in all the years between I only had a wire dipole, in fact when we lived in Malvern Worcestershire I could not hear stateside due to the large granite hill to the west which was in front of the house! One reason I purchased an Icom 706MKIIg I was going to go out portable on top of the Malvern Hills but house restoration and doing managers job for BT in Wolverhampton and Stoke on Trent then changing to Network Auditor it really did keep me busy and away from radio operating.

It is only since I took early retirement at 54 that I have got back into amateur radio which is a brilliant hobby.

Recently in a 10 metre contest I worked Bill K0HA Nebraska he kindly qsled direct which enabled me to claim the Worked All States award. First thing was to send off my qsl cards to the HF awards manager who verified all cards were correct and Saturday 8th March my award came from the USA such a thrill opening up the envelope been a long wait but well worth it. Now to finish off Working All Counties all 3077 of them. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment