Tuesday 6 May 2014

Log Store





I have completed 8 new blog postings today from our 40th Wedding Anniversary so thought I would finish off with the new log store I built from scratch which I am very pleased with. It is temporary filled with the old pine tree which I had to take down last year due to the roots coming through the tarmac drive. The unit stacked on the left is a bike store which when erected will become a coal store as we have a multi fuel burner. You will see on the slate roof I did cheat by laying the top layer of slates long ways not vertical as this was the last of the slates from when we had the house roof re-slated. Now fitted with guttering which allows the water to flow into the water butt and the water from it will be watering the pots outside the kitchen. Next big job is to split the logs at the bottom of the garden & bring them up and stack them ready to season.

No comments:

Post a Comment