Thursday 23 August 2012

Slab Laying Completed


Thursday August 23rd Woke feeling very tired but really did want to finish off laying the last slabs so pushed hard today only because the weather forecast for Friday is heavy rain all day. From Monday 20th with preparing the ground as well I have laid 85 slabs. Not only was it laying the slabs on cement but also having to rake up the pea gravel & lots of large mixes in the cement mixer. Just as I finished did have a downpour which has made the slabs & gravel look good even though I say it myself. Did make myself a wooden jig to make sure the spaces were the same all the way up Ros is so pleased with me & seeing it all complete makes all the hard work worthwhile especially saving money doing all the work myself.
Next job on the list is finishing off the decking outside summer house & fix the balustrades but that will be after a full  Bank Holiday rest to recharge the body batteries & a tune around the ham bands well life is not all about keep working!

No comments:

Post a Comment