Wednesday 22 August 2012

Slab Laying

 About to start the work outside workshop/greenhouse
 Job completed
Beau inspecting my work
Wednesday 22nd August Said to Ros on Monday before I go any further with the decking outside summer house I need to move the slabs so I might as well get them laid! I had already knocked up some of the tarmac which Ros hated outside workshop/greenhouse. On Monday after digging up grass & fixing a gravel board as an edge to the slabs & having to modify the co-ax cables for my ham aerials in the end managed to lay 25 slabs. Tuesday knocked up the remainder of tarmac picked up cement from builders merchant & a visit to the recycle centre with garden rubbish. At the end of day managed to complete the job & Ros is thrilled with the finish which makes me happy. It really was a boggy area during the winter months getting into greenhouse so now it looks a lot better & maintenance free!
Today is Wednesday thought I would start laying slabs up the centre garden path which really is difficult to walk in with the gravel being so deep & was like walking in treacle. Had enough sand & cement to lay a few slabs before my other materials arrived had a few April showers in August! but pleased to see the end of materials in the garden! After lunch cut the grass & did a general tidy up & materials arrived so got that in from front drive then it was a bath & now sat with a cold lager.

No comments:

Post a Comment